Displaying items by tag: Fire Safety
In line with our commitment to protecting the wellbeing of our staff and the crew onboard at Jebel Ali Port, we would like to inform you that a fire was identified at Jebel Ali Port's Container Terminal 1 (CT 1) and contained within 40 minutes. The operations are running seamlessly at CT 1 and business is as usual across the port.
DP World's Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team was on the ground and ensured all personnel were safe and no casualties were reported. We thank the Dubai Civil Defence and Dubai Police for their swift response and support in resolving the incident in the most timely manner possible.
Safety and security is our priority and investigations are currently underway to understand the precise sequence of events.
From Health, Safety and Environment Department to our valued customers in Jafza.
The Fire Alarm System in Jafza premises is designed and engineered to provide us with an early warning to allow us to safely exit the building during an emergency. It also brings us convenience and real-time peace of mind while reducing false alarms.
As false alarms cost businesses and Civil Defense Authorities large sums of money, in addition to the possible inconvenience and disruption of business, we urge our customers to follow the below tips to avoid any false alarms:
- Understand what might trigger the false alarm
- Replace single-sensor detectors with multi-sensors and use the appropriate approved detectors.
- Carry out more rigorous maintenance of the system.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide alarms regularly.
- Leave candles, incense, or other open flames unattended.
- Smoke inside the office (a fine of AED500 shall be imposed per violation).
- Tamper with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms, fire alarms or sprinkler systems.
- Leave cooking appliances unattended.