Mirsal 2 Enhancements effective from 3rd September 2021
AWB Number Validation in Declaration
In order to facilitate trade and to enhance Customs control, Customs is implementing validation of AWB Number provided in the import declaration types. It is expected that AWB information is submitted by the carrier / air cargo agents / courier companies to Customs before submission of the declaration. Initially, Customs System shall show a warning message when the matching AWB number provided in the Customs Declaration is not submitted or not found in customs records at the time of Declaration submission. However, customers shall be allowed to clear the declaration. After completion of the initial awareness period, Customs system shall not allow Declaration Submission if corresponding AWB is not submitted to Customs prior to declaration submission. All the concerned parties are requested to submit the manifest of air / courier shipments to customs promptly to avoid any impact on completing the Declaration Clearance Process.
Following are the Declaration Types in which AWB number will be validated:
• Import to Local from ROW
• Import to Local from GCC (Statistical Import)
• Import for Re Export to Local from ROW
• Import to CW from ROW
• Transit (ROW to ROW) – Inbound Transport Document Number Only if Inbound channel is Air
• FZ Transit In
• Temporary Admission from ROW to Local
• FZ Transit In from GCC and other Emirates FZ and GCC Local Market
• Courier Import
• Courier Transit
• Cargo Transfer from CTO to CH (Same Location)
• Cargo Transfer from CTO to CH (Different Locations)
Customers are advised to follow the below instructions when entering AWB Number in the customs declaration to avoid any non-compliance issues:
1. AWB number (Inbound Master Transport Document Number and House Transport Document Number) should be the same as per the Air / Courier Shipment Manifest submitted to Customs by Airlines or Air Cargo Agents.
2. AWB number format should be the same as per the AWB issued by Airlines / Courier / Air Cargo Agents.
3. In case of the Shipment that arrived in consolidation where Master and House AWB Number combinations are given in Customs Declaration, Master Transport Document Number should be entered as Airline AWB Number and House Transport Document Number should be entered as the House AWB Number.
4. Cargo Agent Code provided in the Declaration should be the same of the one who submitted the corresponding Air House Manifest to Customs. (Please note that for House Consignments, Master and House AWB combination should be given in the Declaration)
5. For Cargo Transfer Declaration Type of CTO to CH, Consolidated Airline AWB Number of Transferred Cargo will be validated against the corresponding Airline AWB. The AWB numbers starting with “CBV” (Courier Baggage Voucher) which are given in the Cargo Transfer Declarations are exempted from validating the AWB submission.
Cargo Tracking Service:
Cargo Tracking is a service provided to Importer, Exporter and Customs Broker through which they can search and view the status of end-to-end process of Customs Clearance by using the Bill Of Lading/Air Way Bill or Customs Declaration Numbers of the cargo being imported or exported through Sea, Air and Courier Air Channels excluding the Low Value Courier Import/Export.. This facility enables the customer to view the different statuses of the cargo such as request for customs clearance, customs inspection booking, and inspection completion in a single service where the customers are either importer or exporter or customs broker in the declaration clearance process. In the case of sea channel where the declaration has not yet been submitted, then importer can view the BOL details only provided that the delivery order has already been issued for the logged-in customers.
Additionally, customers can also view the statuses of arrival/ departure of the vessel or air craft through which cargo is arriving or departing, manifest submission, issuance of delivery order for sea cargo and gate pass for cargo delivery etc.
Note: The information of Vessel/Air Craft movement, Manifest submission, Delivery Order and Gate Pass shall be shown subject to the availability of information received by Customs from DPW, DNATA or EK Sky Cargo.